I bought some red cabbage. It’s the season, right? So, now what do I do with it? And eventually I found something. I wanted “raw” and really healthy good for you. Needed to be yummy too, without indulgent ingredients. There were plenty over cooked and full of decadent cheeses and nuts recipes, etc out there ……..but you get the idea.
Now when I say good for you, this is. When I say yummy, I always mean it. This, no yummy. This, good for you. Definitely on the diet for healthy and low fat. It’s Good for you. And this is definitely better after marinating the day after. 10 minutes did nothing for my tastebuds, but for lunch the next day I couldn’t get enough of it. It was good…….FOR you!! ;-)
For the slaw
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- small handful cilantro
- For the dressing-
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger – grated
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or lemon)
- In a large salad bowl, combine the red cabbage, carrot, and green onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Then add to salad bowl and toss with veggies. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use your hands to roughly tear up the cilantro leaves and mix in with the slaw. And I added some sesame seeds for fun.