I was on my way to work one morning, when ……Bam!….uh oh……! I flattened my tire. Big Time this time. It was messy, it was ugly! I was going to be late. Very late as my cell phone has selective dialing and triple A wouldn’t be there anytime soon. I doubted my cell was going to work when I reaaaaaaly needed it to.
When Hark…… did I hear a good Samaritan stopping to ask me if they could change my tire. I had barely recovered from the shock of the flattened tire. Did I really see what I was seeing! Geeez, that was super lucky. I should have bought a lottery ticket but I was too distracted by my good fortune and anxious to get to work on time.
So I promised my Good Samaritans a baked goodie! Something I could leave on their doorstep, not worry that it wouldn’t be served at the proper time, temperature etc! And I found the perfect new goodie.
So I baked A VERY big thank you to my new friends. I think you’ll agree that this is healthy, yummy and a great way to use your zucchini.
I was only 15 minutes late to work. Kindness…….it’ so under rated! ;-)
Here’s all you do:
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups grated zucchini*
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (can use mini as well)
- 1 cup dried cherries cut in half (or dried cranberries) – I used cranberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 half size or a full size bundt pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Add sour cream and beat until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combine. Mix in zucchini, chocolate chips coated in 2 tablespoons flour, and dried fruit.
- Divide batter between pans. Bake half size bundts for 35 minutes; full size bundt for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Then I made two more loafs!!