What else is there to say other than It’s Spring time in the kitchen! Ummmmm…just smell that clean zest smell. Love when that happens.
Here’s all you do:
Orange Yogurt Cake…from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
2 tablespoons strained orange juice
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt (see cook’s note below)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Confectioners’ sugar (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch cheesecake pan with fixed sides. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; grease. Dust pan with flour. Set aside.
2) In bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick and creamy, about 4 minutes. Add orange zest and juice and beat until well combined, about 1 minute longer.
3) Sift flour, salt and baking powder together into another bowl. Fold into batter.
4) Add yogurt to batter and stir to mix. Add oil and stir to combine.
5) Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake in lower third of oven until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and continue to cool on a rack. Transfer to a cake plate and dust with Confectioners’ sugar if using. Yield: 8 servings.
I made this with Grapeseed Oil and also Olive oil just to play around with some oils other than vegetable oils. And have used butter as well. The veggie oil is the most of the three….imho!! ;-)