I can’t even describe the yummy goodness of these cookies. Let’s just say my friends and neighbors LOVED them. LOVED them! And YES, I had to give them all away as I was about to eat the entire batch! OFF THE CHARTS Great!!!! Perfect for that kayaking trip or that summer hike! Or just to sit in the back yard and stare at the stars. You don’t need a reason!
Here’s all you do:
Ingredients1 ¼ cups AP Flour
¾ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt 1 ¼ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 Tablespoons Flax seed meal
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup finely grated carrots 1/2 cup candied ginger (made from ginger ale -see recipe)
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. In second bowl, stir together oats, Flaxseed, cranberries, ginger and carrots.
3. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with paddle attachment until no sugar lumps remain. Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium-low speed until fully incorporated. Then add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. With mixer still running on low, gradually add oat/carrot mixture, and mix until just incorporated. Give dough final stir to ensure that no flour pockets remain.
4. Using a tbsp. scoop, shape dough into 1-2inch balls, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Or heck, just make as big as you want!!
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cookies are medium brown and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft. Makes 22 fabulous cookies.
Don’t you just love a healthy sweet cookie? These are good. These are really, really good!!