‘My Common Table’ posted this dish awhile ago. But I found it buried in a search for yogurt recipes. Her photos, sense of writing and this recipe will cheer your day. I love this recipe. It’s so easy, quick and makes the house smell like pure comfort.
Give it a try and check out her beautiful website.
- Butter to grease the pan
- 250g plain yogurt (1 1/4 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 125ml vegetable oil (1/2 cup)
- 300g sugar (1 1/2 cup)
- 210g all-purpose flour + a little more to dust the pan (1 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1-2 pears, thinly sliced
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a spring form (22 cm) with butter and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, add the yogurt, eggs, vegetable oil and sugar and stir well. Add the flour, baking powder and cardamom and stir until the flour is incorporated into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and carefully arrange the pear slices on top. Scatter the sliced almonds over the cake. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the cake is baked (if you insert a toothpick in the middle, it will come out clean). Allow to cool for 15 minutes and unmold. Dust with powdered sugar.